Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network. Hartford HealthCare (HHC) is the largest integrated health care system in Connecticut.
Located less than 2 hours from Boston and New York City, and close to the MA and RI border, we are in the heart of New England's most stunning communities with some of the finest schools in the nation and lifestyle in a region that offers shoreline, urban and suburban options and includes a Kiplinger Top 10 \"Best Cities in Which to Raise a Family\".
The department of Clinical Informatics leverages our uniquely equipped Physician and Nurse Informaticists to promote and improve the utilization of innovative technologies consistent with the goals and objectives of clinical and strategic initiatives of the organization and to support care transformation. We serve as liaisons between Clinicians and Information Technology to align clinical standards with IT standards, and develop workflows, processes and policies. Our teams are located regionally to provide onsite support to our acute hospitals while equally engaged in serving ambulatory care, home health, care coordination, Telehealth, Analytics and other initiatives across the care continuum.
We are seeking an individual who embraces challenges, thrives on new ideas and innovations and works to ensure safety, best practice and high quality standards of care are maintained across the continuum.
The Analyst provides leadership in the planning, implementation, deployment, integration and ongoing evolution of virtual health programs at HHC. Successful candidates will have demonstrated ability to translate complex or diverse information into simpler terms and concepts The position supports all clinical disciplines, providers, support services and patients across Hartford HealthCare. This individual serves as a liaison between Clinical, Business and IT services to align clinical and IT standards with system workflow, processes and policies. The Virtual Health Analyst will drive operational transformation and change through virtual health project leadership, facilitation of virtual health education/simulation and a strong working knowledge of virtual health/healthcare industry trends, technologies and EMR functions. The role will play an integral part in ensuring the operational success of virtual health at HHC. Working closely with business and clinical champions to plan implement and maintain virtual health operations.
* Organizes and coordinates the activities and flow of work for existing and new Virtual Health Care programs across all system entities. * Serves in a project leader/manager capacity for virtual health projects through project planning, active and operational phases of virtual health projects. * Contributes the development of virtual health educational materials for trainers, staff, providers and customers. Facilitates training activities for trainers staff, and providers. * Participates in the design and execution of systems training and end user support. Identifies and organizes champions and super-users who can effectively guide through health information technology changes, and communicate with the least disruption possible in order to drive rapid adoption. * Participates on multidisciplinary teams to collaboratively address virtual health program development, problem identification and resolution, regulatory compliance, and systems performance outcome measures. * Serves as a resource to business champions, clinical champions and staff regarding virtual health clinical practice, policies and program services. * Advises, influences and works collaboratively with clinical departments & improvement teams to identify business problems, analyze/develop workflows, and implement leading edge virtual health solutions to achieve desired outcomes. * Works closely with Information Technology Services - both clinical and technical team members through all phases of system configuration, testing, implementation and ongoing support. Manages the impact of new technology e.g. wireless networks, point of care devices, instrument interfaces, and bar coding to ensure fit with clinical workflow processes.
Reports To: Director, Virtual Health Clinical Informatics
* Bachelors degree required, Registered Nurse or other clinical discipline. * Masters degree within 5 years of accepting position. * MS, MBA or advance degree with major coursework in Informatics, Analytics, business administration, healthcare management preferred.
* Ten years' relevant experience in a challenging healthcare environment, including 5 years demonstrated progressive Informatics leadership. * Strong customer service experience in a health care setting. * Outstanding knowledge of Healthcare Informatics and Business Operations as well as 5 years of departmental leadership experience is preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
* Active CT Registered Nurse or other Clinical discipline * Prefer: * ANCC Nursing Informatics * Certified Professional in Healthcare Information and Management Systems * Other National Certification in Healthcare management or systems
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
* Knowledge of and clinical aptitude for the use of virtual health services. Ability to work independently and motivated to develop new opportunities. * Demonstrated leadership, facilitation and networking skills with an ability to identify and solve operational problems and support the mission and vision of HHC. Four (4) years of healthcare experience required * Three (3) years Electronic Medical Record experience, Epic preferred * Three (3) years of experience with a variety of clinical systems & technologies including mobile devices, remote monitoring, virtual health, analytics and innovation desirable * Demonstrated experience with Lean methodology and Project management * Demonstrated service excellence and customer service orientation * Strong leadership skills, prior leadership/project management experience preferred * Excellent verbal & written communication skills. * Solid working knowledge in areas of clinical informatics, Evidence based clinical practice, electronic health records, business and ancillary systems, workflow redesign, legal medical record standards, performance improvement, regulatory requirements. * Strong analytical skills, problem-solving and inductive reasoning skills which result in virtual health, innovative and transformational solutions to operational challenges. * Demonstrated excellence in critical thinking, communications, conflict resolution and presentation skills * Outstanding knowledge of systems design, implementation, education, reporting. * Demonstrated leadership skills to motivate cross departmental teams' performance toward excellence and development * Organizes and manages work to achieve results and tracks performance so that problems are prevented or detected early. * Exhibits strong project management skills and ability to lead teams to accomplish tasks on time and on budget. * High level of integrity and trust. * Integrates lean daily management strategies into standard work.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.