- TridentUSA Health Services
180 Newbury St
Company: U.S. Laboratories
Receives and processes laboratory specimens, enters client and specimen data into computer, answers telephone and responds to questions/concerns of clients. May perform some training and supervisor functions as deemed necessary by the Processing Supervisor.
Essential Position Duties
* Receives specimens and checks all specimens for correct name and tests ordered. Ensures adequacy and appropriateness of sample received.
* Labels and aliquots specimens as needed.
* Prepares specimens for sending out to reference lab.
* Discards specimens that are more than seven (7) days old.
* Centrifuges specimens as needed.
* Numbers all urine specimens for both urinalysis and cultures. Pours off specimens and plants urine cultures.
* Numbers all other culture specimens and enters requisitions. Prepares them to be planted. Plant microbiology specimens according written protocols.
* Sorts and numbers all specimens, including Pap's, biopsies, and cultures.
* Enters client and specimen data into the computer.
* Ensures accuracy of information entered.
* Reviews patient Requisition Log and makes corrections as needed.
* Answers telephone to assist with client or phlebotomist questions regarding specimen requirements and turnaround times of tests.
* Decontaminates the bench tops according to instructions.
* Wears all protective equipment as dictated by policy.
* Follows all safety protocols as outlined in the safety manual.
* Identifies and pursues self-improvements needs.
* Seeks coaching/mentoring when appropriate.
* Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, and procedures including, but not limited to, those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, HIPAA and Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA).
* Participates in required orientation, Compliance and HIPAA training programs.
* Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
* Participates, as required, in process improvement responsibilities.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Exercises accuracy and precision in completion of prescribed tasks and treatments.
Professional Experience/Educational Requirements
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Prior laboratory experience preferred.
* Data entry/computer skills required.
Monday 4:30-11:00 p.m.
Tuesday 4:30-11:00 p.m.
Friday 4:30-11:00 pm
Sunday 9:30-4pm* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...