- Travel Nurse Across America
- $89,330.00 -131,710.00/year*
Healthcare - Nursing
180 Newbury St
We're looking for Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Brockton, MA. The right nurse should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As an ICU Travel Nurse, you'll be responsible for evaluating and monitoring patients in an Intensive Care Unit setting. ICU RNs provide the most direct care to patients in life-threatening situations, documenting and providing physician-directed care, assessing and implementing patient care plans, and delegating to other care providers as appropriate. As an ICU RN you will also be providing education and support to patient families, possibly for long-term care needs.
As an ICU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
* Provide basic bedside care.
* Prepare, administer and record prescribed medication, reporting any adverse reactions to treatment.
* Order and evaluate diagnostic tests.
* Take samples for lab work, order corresponding lab work and interpret reports.
* Monitor and adjust specialized equipment, and interpret and record electronic displays.
* Ensure proper placement and functioning of catheters, leads and tubing.
* Communicate patients' conditions to family members.
ICU Travel Nurses should be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as bend, lean and stoop without difficulty. RNs should be able to easily lift 20 pounds. Moving or lifting of patients may require lifting of up to 50 pounds at times. RNs may face hazards from exposure to certain chemicals or infectious diseases and will treat patients that may be confused, agitated, and/or uncooperative.
Must have 2 years ICU experience. Current MA RN license, ACLS and BLS required. May float to TELE
Associated topics: asn, cardiothoracic, coronary, infusion, mhb, nurse, nurse clinical, nurse rn, registed, surgical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...