- The May Institute
- $93,495.00 -194,340.00/year*
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
180 Newbury St
Our May Center Schools for Autism and Developmental Disabilities, and our May Center School for Brain Injury and Neurobehavioral Disorders offer full-day, year-round educational services to children and adolescents.
Our schools focus on building communication, social, behavioral, vocational, and academic skills. We base our programs on applied behavior analysis, or ABA, which has been shown through hundreds of scientific studies to be the most effective method to teach children and adolescents with autism and other developmental disabilities.
The May Center School for Brain Injury and Neurobehavioral Disorders successfully educates students with complex needs and co-occurring diagnoses. These young people often require a combination of physical, medical, cognitive and social/behavioral therapies in an environment that supports skill development and rehabilitation.
Our caring professionals help each child to reach his or her highest potential.
May Center for School for Brain Injury and Neurobehavioral Disorders in Brockton is looking for a qualified Senior Teacher to work in a classroom setting taking on lead responsibilities and providing services to our students.
* Provide coordination and leadership of the classroom
Design an individualized curriculum, write educational plans, collect and evaluate data, and write student progress reports
Deliver individualized and group instruction and other educational objectives
Implement comprehensive behavior support plans
Train and supervise other teachers and classroom assistants
* ? Master's degree (or enrollment in a Master's program)
* Certification in severe disabilities required.
* Experience in ABA preferred
* Strong organizational and communication skills
* Commitment to helping children with significant challenges learn and grow
May Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer of qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. May Institute also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of the protected categories.
* Pay Type Salary
* Required Education Master's Degree
* Brockton, MA, USA
Associated topics: behavioral science, cardiothoracic, diabetes, dietician, hepatology, kinesiology, psychology, public health, surgery, trauma
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...