- The May Institute
180 Newbury St
May Institute is an award-winning nonprofit organization that provides educational, rehabilitative, and behavioral healthcare services to individuals with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities, brain injury, and behavioral health needs.
We are looking for Direct Care Professionals to work with individuals with autism and developmental disabilities in one of our many residential or day habilitation programs. We offer a variety of different schedules, exciting career paths, an excellent benefits package, and an opportunity to engage in life changing work.
Our aMAYzing benefits include: generous paid time off policies, ongoing training and education, tuition or student loan forgiveness programs, a robust benefits program, and a diverse workforce dedicated to respect and open communication throughout the company.
Join our team and see what it means to truly BE aMAYzing
May Center School for Brain Injury and Neurobehavioral Disorders in Brockton is looking for a Direct Support Professional to work part time in a house setting to help ensure a successful start of day for students with neurobehavioral disorders.
This nationally recognized day and residential school provides exceptional services to students, from age 5 to 22, with a broad range of neurobehavioral challenges. These include acquired or traumatic brain injury, genetic or chromosomal disorders, seizure disorders, mood disorders, and intellectual and neurodevelopmental disorders. We provide full-day, year-round educational, behavioral, medical, and rehabilitative services, and use proven methods of treatment and teaching based on the latest clinical and applied research. School services may be combined with an on-campus or community-based residential program at one of several homes in nearby neighborhoods.
* Provide support and instruction to students in the classroom and residential environments
* Provide opportunities for community integration and enrichment
* Assist students with developing independence in the areas of personal care, self-advocacy and independent living
* Bachelor's degree in education, psychology, or related field preferred
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in applied behavior analysis and/or special education preferred
May Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer of qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. May Institute also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of the protected categories.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Brockton, MA, USA* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...