- Rockland Trust
- $110,070.00 -166,700.00/year*
Financial Services - Insurance
180 Newbury St
Rockland Trust is actively recruiting Credit Analyst Trainees to learn the skills necessary to join our strong team of Credit Analysts, Portfolio Managers and Commercial Loan Officers. Enthusiastic and energetic individuals looking to enter the commercial credit and banking industry and become part of a highly successful team of professionals are encouraged to apply.
As a Credit Analyst Trainee you will be part of a comprehensive formal training program. You will work directly with Senior Credit Analysts, Commercial Loan Officers and other Rockland Trust professionals to master basic lending practices including loan structure, financial analysis and credit risk assessment.
What Does a Credit Analyst Do?
Prepares a comprehensive credit analysis to determine the credit worthiness of businesses and individuals. Commercial loan requests presented for analysis may include real estate purchases, lines of credits, equipment loans, or floor plan lines of credit. Independent risk ratings and recommendations are determined by:
* Spreading and analyzing financial statements and conducting collateral analysis to minimize risk and potential loss
* Performing economic and industry analysis, financial projections, and risk assessments to maximize credit quality
* Evaluating clients' credit needs and borrowing capacity
* Verifying information provided utilizing available resources, such as the internet, credit reports and other tools provided internally
* Communicating with Lenders and accepting feedback from Senior Credit Colleagues
* Participate in training programs offered by Rockland Trust and through outside training
Credit and lending recommendations are based on the complete analysis of businesses' financial condition, cash flow, debt capacity, and collateral in order to properly assess potential risks regarding the company's ability to repay the proposed loans.
* A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or other related field preferred
* Strong knowledge of financial accounting
* Ability to successfully complete a two week self study Accounting Assignment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficiency in MS Office/Word/Excel in the Windows environment
Our goal is to offer our colleagues the most generous benefits package possible. We strive to provide colleagues with a comprehensive benefits package and an environment that supports a healthy work-life balance. Benefits include: Competitive compensation with performance incentive awards, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, a 401K and DC Plan for your retirement, LTD & Life Insurance, Day Care Reimbursement, Tuition Assistance for graduate and undergraduate programs, an award winning Wellness program and much more!
At Rockland Trust you'll find a respectful and inclusive environment where everyone is given the chance to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associated topics: actuarial analyst, actuary, actuary consultant, analyst, associate actuary, cost, director actuary, mathmatics, retirement actuary, statistics
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...